Saturday, November 16, 2013

Candyland Christmas Tree

So I realize that it is a bit soon, and I have always been so against decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving but this year I just couldn't help myself!
I forced Zack to help me and we put up one of the trees this weekend and decorated it, I will try and hold of on the other tree and the rest of my Christmas decorations until the day after Thanksgiving (haha hopefully)!!


I have been collecting different candy, gingerbread house and food ornaments for a few years now..





Most of them are from Hobby Lobby some are from Target and a few I have ordered from online sites such as Bronners.













This year I finally found the perfect tree to hang all of them on! It was from a local store here in Kansas City called 
Seasonal Concepts. It is a 7.5" tall pre-lit multi color and its "flocked"or frosted as I like to call it.









This is my favorite gingerbread house!!


The little gingerbread girl and gingerbread boy are so adorable :)

And my favorite!! When it's lit up at night! I couldn't be happier, however, I think I am going to add some berry sticks from Hobby Lobby and maybe some ribbon. I will post updated photo's.

So as promised a few up to date photo's!!
I couldn't chose a tree topper so I went with a few "squiggles" that I found at Hobby Lobby!                        
I found a few bigger ornaments to add to the tree!


This is what my tree currently looks like! I am so in love with it :)
I am going to be making my own tree skirts for both of my tree's and I'm thinking about making my stockings too! I will post those tutorials later.
    

2 comments:

  1. My son would absolutely LOVE this tree in his room. I have been buying little food ornaments of his favorite things so I have to try this. Call it My Kind of Christmas theme lol Thank you so much for this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was such a gorgeous tree and a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete